Tuesday, January 01, 2008

PLEASE PRAY FOR KENYA

This is an exerpt from a message I (Adele) received from Don this morning.

In two hours at 2pm Kenya time, Raila is going to hold a rally in Nairobi and be sworn in as “The peoples President.” The former president who was also running again is Kibaki – who claimed victory yesterday has put the word out that he will have the police force arrest Raila at the rally. With the country split during the election and the debates about Kibaki’s victory taking place through corruption - this 2pm rally and arrest may bring about country wide violence.

According to this article in The Standard, the rally has been postponed to Thursday. Please pray for peace in the country. This article on BBC.com states that "The situation is very bad in the Rift Valley mainly around Eldoret where it appears to be organised killings. One tribe is targeting another one in a fashion that can rightly be described as ethnic cleansing..."

I am in South Africa as I had spent Christmas with my family. I will post updates here and on my blog as/when news becomes available.

Please pray for
  • peace
  • safety for our children and staff
  • God to give our Kenyan directors wisdom during this time as many are turning up at our bases to seek refuge
  • food supplies to miraculously last!
Teams for January have been cancelled. I've postponed my return to Kenya until things are safe.

No comments: